Privacy notice in accordance with Article 13 of 30 June 2003 Legislative Decree, n. 196 (“Privacy Code”)
1. General information:
1.1. This notice sets out the regulations followed by Milestone s.r.l. in relation to the protection of the personal data of users of its games and online services, including online features of multimedia products and Internet sites (henceforth, “Services”) offered through the http://www.milestone.it website (henceforth, the “Site”).
1.2 The personal data provided by users will be processed in accordance with the provisions of 30 June 2003 Legislative Decree, n. 196 (“Privacy Code”) and, in particular, in accordance with the principles of necessity, transparency, fairness, and proportionality relating to the processing of the personal data.
2. Who is responsible for data control and processing?
2.1. The data controller is Milestone s.r.l., with registered offices in Via Gustavo Fara, 35, 20124, Milan (henceforth, “Milestone”).
2.2. The data processor is Milestone s.r.l.
3. Types of data processed
3.1. Milestone collects and stores personal data provided specifically and voluntarily by users. Personal data is information that can be used to identify a specific person: name, surname, email address, telephone number, and so on. In the case of users under 18 years of age, Milestone collects the email address of the minors’ parents or guardians.
3.2. Whenever users connect to the Site, Milestone collects information such as the IP addresses of the computers used by the users, MAC addresses, console IDs, connection dates and times, and so on.
4. Purpose of processing
4.1. Milestone processes users’ personal data for the following purposes:
• the provision of Services.
• to respond to contact requests, or to other requests by users regarding technical support offered by Milestone.
• the creation and/or sharing of content produced by users (henceforth “UGC”, User-Generated Content), which may be collected by Milestone. UGC may contain the personal data of users or of third parties (for example, names or images). In this case, users will guarantee to Milestone that they have first obtained the consent of the person whose personal data is contained within the UGC;
• sending communication of an informative and/or commercial nature (e.g. newsletters) regarding Milestone titles, with the express consent of the users, or of their parents or guardians in the case of users under 18 years of age, provided at the time of creating the Account. Even in the case that the relative consent has been given, users, or their parents or guardians in the case of users under 18 years of age, can revoke their consent to the processing of their personal data for these purposes at any time after the initial registration, via the link included with each communication;
• better understanding users’ needs, and improving Services accordingly.
5. Method of processing users’ personal data by Milestone
5.1. The personal data provided by users will be processed with the aid of electronic devices.
5.2. Milestone protects users’ personal data by adopting the security measures required by the Privacy Code. Users are advised to take the necessary precautions in order to keep the password associated with the Account secret.
5.3. Milestone will only process the users’ personal information that is strictly necessary to achieving the purposes described above.
5.4. In the case of manifest abuse on Milestone sites, Milestone reserves the right to block certain Accounts and/or IP addresses. The IP address may be used in order to identify users who do not respect the Conditions of Use of the Services.
6. Users’ personal data retention time
6.1. Users’ data will be retained only for the time strictly necessary to fulfil the specific objectives each time these objectives are pursued. Unless otherwise required by law, Milestone will retain users’ personal data for a period that may not exceed five (5) years from their collection.
7. Communications relating to personal data
7.1. Milestone will not disclose users’ personal data, without the express consent of the user.
7.2. Users’ personal data may be disclosed to third parties that support Milestone’s operations, or the completion of the Services in any form, for example in relation to the communication of newsletters, with the express consent of the user that will be obtained via computer systems.
7.3. Users’ personal data may be transferred to subsidiaries in third countries outside the European Economic Area, with the express consent of the users that will be obtained as specified in 7.2.
8. Links to third party sites
8.1. The websites of the Services concerned may contain links to third party websites (henceforth “Third Party Sites”). Milestone does not guarantee that Third Party Sites respect the legislation relating to the protection of personal data, nor that they adopt the same safety standards adopted by Milestone for the protection of their users’ personal data. Users are advised to carefully review the provisions for the protection of personal data offered by Third Party Sites
9. Rights of users regarding their personal information
9.1. Users have a right of access, as well as the other rights provided for in Article 7 of the Privacy Code, including the right to obtain the confirmation of the existence, or otherwise, of the data, and to access its content and origin, to verify its accuracy or request integration or updating or rectification; the right to request erasure, anonimization, or blocking of data that has been processed unlawfully, and to oppose in any case, for legitimate reasons, the processing of the data.
10. Additional information
10.1. For any further information or requests concerning the protection of users’ personal data, send an email to the following email address: CUSTOMER SUPPORT